Monday, August 16, 2010

Sweet Fellowship

I really enjoy fellowship with other Christian churches. I find it thrilling to sing God's praises with brothers and sisters from different denominations, ethnic groups, nationalities, and socio-economic levels. The varieties of music, preaching, and worship styles remind me of a garden filled with hundreds of kinds of flowers. Look around at this beautiful Earth and you can tell God loves variety in colors, textures, fragrances, tastes, and sounds. And yet we insist that others must be cookie-cutter Christians made just like us. How boring! Let's not shun other believers in Christ just because they are different. Let's embrace our family members, expecting that the only similarity between us is the love of Christ. Several years ago, I had the privilege of singing with a community choir at a Billy Graham Crusade in the Raymond James Stadium in Tampa. When I heard the voices of 20,000 people singing together, I was overcome with emotion. This is just a small taste of what it will be like in Heaven, I thought. What a blessing! Let's practice here for the great choir concert in Heaven. "Worthy is the Lamb that was slain to receive power, and riches, and wisdom, and strength, and honor, and glory, and blessing."--Revelation 5:12

No comments:

Post a Comment